Last updated: May 19, 2018
Collection and Use of information
Personally identifiable information refers to information that can be used to personally identify you including but not limited to: your name, your email address or your phone number. We do not request our Users to provide us with any personally identifiable information, however, Users may actively choose to provide us with their personally identifiable information by contacting us via email with queries or support requests. We will use this personal information to respond to User queries and improve our services where applicable. If you do not wish to provide us with such personally identifiable information please do not use these mediums of communications.
We may also collect certain non-personal information from Users automatically when they use our App such as the device they use, their IP address, their mobile operating system and the time and date of their visit. Users can stop all collection and use of your personal and non-personal information by simply uninstalling the App.
The App is normally used to send the collected data to the third-party GPS tracking service chosen by the User. After the first installation it is a Traccar-based service. Please contact the service operator if you want to learn more about their service terms and conditions.
What Personal Information Does The App Collect?
The App collects geographic location data and (optionally) associated with it sensor values, e.g. battery charge or Bluetooth sensors information. All collected data will be sent to the third-party service the User can choose in the settings. The App can send this information to us only if the User enables log writing in the App settings AND explicitly sends the log to us. We use the data contained in the log file only for support purposes.
Also we deploy AdSense advertising on our App where it may use an anonymous identifier. AdSense and AdMob are advertising services provided by Google Inc through which third parties may be using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies to collect information and usage data as a result of ad serving.
What are the privacy-relevant permissions the App needs to work?
The App uses the following permissions:
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION, ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION – to collect data about the geographic location
- BLUETOOTH, BLUETOOTH_ADMIN – the App can fetch sensor data from attached Bluetooth devices. These permissions are necessary to establish communication with such devices.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, INTERNET – to send collected data to the GPS monitoring service (e.g. Traccar) chosen by User, show Ads etc.
- READ_PHONE_STATE – to automatically generate a default identifier of the device, which is necessary to communicate with GPS monitoring service.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – to write to the files on the smartphone. For example the user can enable in the settings the log writing.
Retention of data
We assure you that we will not retain any of your data for a period longer than necessary for fulfilment of our business and legal requirements.